Basic Vowels

Basic Vowels

Hello everyone,

this is my first post on my brand new website: KoreanLanguageDaily.com, where I'm going to summarize all my findings and individual posts from my Instagram (including voice pronunciations) per each study section - starting with the Alphabet and its basic vowels. 

Before we begin I would like to mention that I'm going to publish all my sources where do I study the Korean language - you may find those links on my website, in the documentation section (the right upper-corner).

In general, big thumbs up goes to Duolingo where do I study and taking most of the information to educate myself - feel free to join Duolingo as well and add me there: HOWYOULIK3THAT! :)

Also, feel free to find out more about this page in the section About us - but now, let's start with the Korean language!


Alphabet - Basic Vowels

We are going to start with basic vowels of the Korean alphabet which is called: Hangul (Hangeul).  

The Hangul - Korean alphabet is organized into syllable blocks starting from 2 up to 4 letters per block. For example "감사합니다" which means "thank you" can be disassembled per each letter: 감 = ㄱ (g), ㅏ(a) and ᆷ(m), together as 감. 

감 사 합 니 gam sa hab ni da = gamsahabnida = 감사합니다 / Thank You!

Today, we are going to learn one of the basic letters which are as follow:







Regards to pronunciation - please, refer to my Instagram page or click on each letter below and swipe left for audio sound:


One important thing I would like to mention is the letter ㅇ which is the placeholder and reminds silent for vowels - the original letter for "a" is "ㅏ" however, you always need to add ㅇ letter which will create "아" = a.

That's about it for today, now you are able to recognize the first 6 Korean letters and their romanization - hope you enjoy today's lesson and cya next time! :)

For any questions, feel free to type in comments, and in the meantime don't forget to follow us on socials; FacebookInstagram - 감사합니다  / thank you!

KR,
LR

Post a Comment

0 Comments